The 2018 MFM Dissertation Fellowship application is now available. The deadline to apply is Friday, March 30, 2018, 11:59 PM CT.
Announcements of awards will be made in April 2018.
All recommendation letters should be sent to Amy Boonstra, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Macro Financial Modeling initiative offers financial support for doctoral students in economics or other fields pursuing innovative work on macroeconomic models with financial sector linkages or related topics in this area.
This research initiative works to construct better, more comprehensive models for assessing systemic risk stemming from activities in the financial sector that can impact the economy as a whole. To encourage new research in this area, we are funding relevant dissertation proposals that examine:
- Macroeconometric models and methods with financial sector constraints
- Software and tools that evaluate new macroeconomic models
- Approaches to defining, measuring, and monitoring systemic risk
- Macroprudential regulation
- Fiscal challenges from the public sector
- The role of accounting in financial stability
Successful proposals will be awarded up to $16,000 to support research activity.
Current and Past Awardees
Learn about students who are currently supported by the MFM project by clicking here.