One of the first means of doing so was with the creation of the Becker Fellows Program. Today, programs have expanded to offer opportunities for young scholars at several stages in their studies and early career.
- The Graduate Scholars Program provides promising students at the University of Chicago with guidance and the means to pursue price theory-related research. Participants are also granted a research budget, which may include small grants for data acquisition, experiments or other research-related expenses.
- The Price Theory Scholars Program gives promising PhD students in the early stages of independent research at other institutions an opportunity to study price theory at the University of Chicago.
- The Price Theory Summer Camp is an intensive, one-week program to introduce PhD students from outside the University of Chicago to the discipline of price theory. This program consists of lectures by leading UChicago faculty, workshops on problems sets, and a series of "Chicago-style" seminars and workshops featuring research in progress.
- The Research Professionals Program provides individuals with an opportunity to learn the most innovative techniques and methods of the economic sciences by working on Price Theory faculty research projects and with institute research fellows before entering a graduate program in economics.
- Chicago Experiments supports innovative research by running behavioral and economics field experiments to gather data in more natural settings.
In addition to these programs that build young scholars’ research skills, the Price Theory initiative also sponsors events that showcase research. Chief among them is the Becker Brown Bag Series. At these informal talks, leading scholars economists present cutting-edge research and engage MBA students in discussion. These talks highlight the practical use of economics for answering real-world questions pertinent to business leaders and policy makers.
The initiative also organizes and supports conferences that bring together top economists, policy makers, and business leaders to discuss important economic questions.