These doctoral students were awarded dissertation fellowships funded from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, CME Group Foundation and Fidelity Management & Research Company for their exceptional work on pursuing work on macroeconomic models with financial sector linkages.
This research initiative works to construct better, more comprehensive models for assessing systemic risk stemming from activities in the financial sector that can impact the economy as a whole. To encourage new research in this area, we are funding relevant dissertation proposals that examine:
- Macroeconometric models and methods with financial sector constraints
- Approaches to defining, measuring, and monitoring systemic risk
- Modeling and measuring the impacts of macroprudential regulation
- Fiscal challenges from the public sector
- The role of accounting in financial stability
The MFM fellowship awardees currently on the job market are the following: