With 150,000 square feet of classrooms, seminar and conference rooms, and collaborative workspaces, it beautifully accommodates the instructional and research needs of both. It is a hub for activities and interaction among scholars with an interest in economic analysis.
Originally built between 1923 and 1927, the historic building at 5757 South University Avenue was formerly the Chicago Theological Seminary. The University purchased the property in 2008 and launched restoration and renovations designed by the Boston-based Ann Beha Architects, a recognized leader in the adaptive reuse of historical buildings. The renovation and expansion have preserved as much of the character of the building as possible while making it accessible and useful for current academic purposes.