University of Chicago Joint Program in Financial Economics
This MFR project will seek to encourage the participation of interested and promising advanced graduate student researchers. One vehicle for doing this is the Joint Program in Financial Economics at the University of Chicago. This program is a collaboration between the Economics department and the Booth School of Business.
The aim of this program is to exploit the strengths of both sponsors in training PhD students interested in financial economics. Core economics training is valuable for students seeking to do research in financial economics, and advances in financial economics have important spillovers to other areas of economics.
Every year, the program holds a number of conferences, workshops and events designed to expose students to frontier research in financial economics and to encourage research collaborations aimed at supporting prudent policy-making.
Other Research at BFI
- Big Data Initiative
- Chicago Experiments Initiative
- Health Economics Initiative
- Industrial Organization Initiative
- Initiative for the Study of Gender in the Economy
- International Economics and Economic Geography Initiative
- MFR Program
- Macroeconomic Research Initiative
- Political Economics Initiative
- Price Theory Initiative
- Ronzetti Initiative for the Study of Labor Markets