For Postdoctoral Students
Our postdoctoral Research Fellows Program allows new or recent doctoral graduates to spend a year or two immersed in their research before taking a faculty position. They emerge as superbly trained, productive, and innovative economists.
Other opportunities may be available for early-career researchers to spend time at the institute working in collaboration with UChicago faculty.
For Graduate Students
Summer research programs offer doctoral students in economics across the country opportunities to sharpen their skills, deepen their knowledge, and experience the unique Chicago-style approach to economics.
- Summer School on Socioeconomic Inequality
- Macro Financial Modeling Summer Sessions for Young Scholars
- Price Theory Summer Camp
Lecture series allow UChicago graduate students access to a broader range of expertise and fresh viewpoints
- Lectures by Visiting Scholars. Examples include the Macroeconomic Lecture Series and Reputations in Repeated Games.
- Becker Brown Bag series for Chicago Booth MBAs
Programs offered especially for students in the College of the University of Chicago give them exposure to world-class economic research and access to top scholars.
- Friedman Forum lecture series
- Student-organized public events
- Student Achievement Awards
- Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates
- Brickell Metcalf Internship for undergraduate students interested in conducting policy-oriented research