Harold Pollack is the Helen Ross Professor at the School of Social Service Administration. He is also an Affiliate Professor in the Biological Sciences Collegiate Division and the Department of Public Health Sciences. He received his undergraduate degree, magna cum laude, in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from Princeton University. He holds master’s and doctorate degrees in Public Policy from the Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. Before coming to SSA, Professor Pollack was a...
Related Working Papers
- Aug 25, 2021Chicago To Trim Police Role In 911 Mental-Health Crisis Response Starting Next Week
- Jul 29, 2021Biden tells federal workers: Get vaccinated or submit to testing
- Jul 15, 2021GOP vaccine resistance poses growing challenge in pandemic fight
- Jul 15, 2021Overdose Deaths In State Prisons Have Jumped Dramatically Since 2001
- Jul 7, 2021Inside Biden’s pragmatic approach to coronavirus rules
- Jun 26, 2021Do you really need a financial adviser? Take this six-question test to find out.
- Apr 12, 2021Biden faces pressure from Pelosi, Sanders over whether to double down on Obamacare or expand Medicare
- Feb 17, 2021Why accurate data reporting matters in a pandemic
- Jan 5, 2021Covid-19 poses special risks to people like my brother-in-law. They need vaccines now.
- Dec 29, 2020Life Without Amazon (Well, Almost)
- Nov 29, 2020What changes after covid-19? I’m betting on everything.
- Nov 19, 2020Long-term care workers, grieving and under siege, brace for coronavirus’ next round
- Nov 16, 2020Nursing home and assisted living workers face Covid-19 surge — as they cope with grief
- Oct 12, 2020We’re public health experts. We need to do a better job of talking to conservatives.
- Sep 7, 2020Stock market sell-off shouldn’t change your retirement strategy
- Sep 4, 2020Column: Do we ask police to do too much? Daniel Prude case forces questions about mental health care
- May 18, 2020How COVID-19 Overwhelmed The American State
- Apr 16, 2020Will the Coronavirus Pandemic Empty the Cities?
- Mar 27, 2020Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Decides
- Mar 13, 2020America’s Botched Response To The Coronavirus Is A Problem Bigger Than Donald Trump
- Mar 11, 2020The Silver Lining Of The Market Crash: Making The Wealthy Worry More About Coronavirus
- Dec 3, 2019Want to Help the Homeless? Embrace Medicaid Expansion.
- Nov 5, 2019Elizabeth Warren’s ‘Medicare for All’ Plan Hit by Left, Right and Center
- Nov 1, 2019How Elizabeth Warren’s Medicare-For-All Plan Would Work
- Sep 9, 2019Poor and Middle-Class Americans are Much Less Likely to Survive Into Their 70s Than the Wealthy, Federal Report Says
- Aug 12, 2019There’s No Magic Bullet to Prevent Gun Violence. But We Can Start With More Oversight.
- Jul 31, 2019Here are the Democrats’ Three Key Disputes About Medicare-for-All
- Jul 24, 2019A New Study Found that 15,000 People Died Because Their State Didn’t Expand Medicaid
- Jul 9, 2019Fix Your Finances, Simply. Try the 7-Day Money Challenge.
- Jun 26, 2019Study: Crime Guns Obtained Illegally Shortly Before Shootings
- Apr 12, 2019Prof. Harold Pollock Discusses Influence of Health Care Industry in Medicare-for-All Debate
- Jan 24, 2019Harris Professor Harold Pollack Comments on the Complicated Public Health Effects of Economic Recessions
- Aug 2, 2018School of Social Service Administration’s Harold Pollack examines the cost of Sen. Bernie Sanders’ health care plan
- Jul 26, 2018School of Social Administration’s Harold Pollack cited in discussion of “What to do with your tax refund”
- Jul 13, 2018School of Social Service Administration’s Harold Pollack explains how health care could improve with governmental investment
- May 15, 2018School of Social Service Administration’s Harold Pollack discusses how he believes Jeff Bezos should spend his fortune
- May 10, 2018In op-ed, School of Social Service Administration’s Harold Pollack discusses ways Jeff Bezos could spend his fortune
- Feb 9, 2018School of Social Service Administration’s Harold Pollack Cited in Discussion of “Everyday Practical Numeracy.”
- Jan 23, 2018School of Social Service Administration’s Harold Pollack Discusses Health and Financial Literacy Courses in Connection with Medicaid Eligibility
1 of 1